October 31, 2008

Pieces of Me

I have recently been realizing that a lot of people are liked or disliked, for only one small part of their personality. I know that I personally despise people for one thing they did or said, and I don't even know what made them say it, or what happened in their life to turn the into such a raging douche-jockey. But see, like most people, Im not concerned with WHY they say or do things, the fact that they did or said these things is simply reason enough for me. So I began to wonder what it is people liked, disliked, about me. That was short lived as it is in my nature not to give a shit about peoples dislikes about me, but always want to know why I am liked. HAHAHA What can I say Im human, I like to be liked... BUT that does not equal self worth.

Moving on I know that there are a lot of people who LOVE the gay piece. The piece of me who likes boys. Naturally I run with it, because what else can I do, Im gay and that isn't going to change. There are people who like Humor piece. I must say I am partial to that one too, because I tend to crack myself up far more than I do others. Some people like the Thinker piece, these are the people like Zara, Katie, Sherri, Tim, Jill, and Jessica...the people who value my opinion and are always genuinely interested in my thoughts on various topics.
Then there are those who like the Physical Piece. Why they like the big hairy "bearish" Physical piece is a mystery to me, I wouldn't want to "do" me...but far be for me to poo on the opinions of others. The way I see it, GOD SAVE THE CHASERS!!!! There need to be more cuz I do firmly believe that big can be beautiful. And let's be honest, if there weren't Chubby Chasers and Bear Chasers i n the world, I would never get laid and I would never have known love. So more power to them!

As I sat in my car thinking about all these different things, I realized two things... ONE: I wasn't paying attention and was not only traveling at 94 MPH, but that I had passed my freeway offramp....and the TWO...there is a whole lot more to me than my physique, my humor and my sexuality. I was immediately offended at every person I have ever met because how dare they think have such a shallow view of me!!!

That thought was also short lived. I only have amazing people in my life, otherwise they wouldn't BE in my life. Then it dawned on me. One major problem with society in general, is that they have the most difficult time turning their scrutiny inward. Sure its easy when you don't like your body to scrutinize yourself, but do it for who you are...not what you look like. Yeah not so easy is it? Didn't think so. This would be the reason why I tell people who say "oh Ive been through all these relationships, and I always do the same thing, try to give it my all, and I always end up single..." As with my ex, maybe its NOT THEM. Have you thought that maybe you convince yourself that you are perfect but in actuality you are just as guilty as your boyfriend is for fucking up the relationship?? HELLO TURN INWARD.
But I digress...

I turned inward and thought "Well maybe this is all alot of people know because that is all I show them."

So I decided to make a quick list of things that make me who I am, and why I am the Unique homo, whose blog you return to so very often.(I love you all for that b-t-dubs.)

They are not in any specific order:

I like to Sew.
I love sushi but not the raw stuff.
Im Sicilian, Irish, Scottish, British, Cherokee Indian, German and Norwegian.
I have awful skin, but do what I can to survive with it.
I am a cancer survivor...well, skin cancer, but whatever, its cancer and I survived it!
I may have grown up in Camarillo, but I did not have an upper middle class suburban day dream life.
Not all people in Camarillo are closed minded idiots with minivans and lots of money.

I was rasied by the strongest and greatest single mother ever to walk the Earth.
I'm a total momma's boy.
I have issues with my father, and the way he abandoned me almost 2 years ago.
I hate that I have "baggage"
I have only truly been in love once.
I like most kinds of music, and have no problem telling you if YOUR music, is one that I DONT like.
I have little to no patience for people who "waste" their minds and their lives.
I have a freaky side.
Im no Angel.
Im no Devil either.
Some people freak out when the person they are seeing says after 2 dates "I want to be with you, and be your boyfriend"....I am not one of those people. I think its cute, and I prefer it because you get past all the awkward bullshit in the beginning.
I dislike the color yellow greatly, especially on cars and houses.
I have no problem hitting a woman who deserves it, or who tries to hit me. Bitch dont step to me Im a big fag, Ill hit you.
I hate violence and wish I never had to resort to it.
Roller Derby is the ONLY sport that I like outside of gymnastics.
Some members of my family make me nervous for no apparent reason.
I befriend easily, do not let go of friendships easily, but once your gone, your GONE.



More to come, if you care to know more about me. :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do realize that we live less than a block from you, but I do miss you. I can hear you in my head when I read your blogs and shit they make me laugh. One other quality, you always find humor in whatever the situation. Always. That makes you a keeper

Manic Pixie Dream Slut said...

Psh. I love you for your ginger hotness. You know I've got a weakness for redheads. You just happen to ALSO be smart. I got lucky.

Krazee Kate said...

I like you because you are a good person. :)