October 10, 2008

The Name Game

I am still debating on what to name my new car.

I want it to be pretty, I want it to fit the car, but I want an underlying strength to it.

I named the Hyundai (for those who dont understand accent, I will spell them how they sound)... "Rikku" (Ree-koo) and she was named after a video game character who I really admired because she was sweet, funny, naive, and scrappy yet lethal and skilled.
Later, I stumbled on a website that explained names, and "Rikku" is part feminine and part masculine. The masculine name Ryoku and the Feminine name Reika...I was reading that there is a nick-name for the masculine Ryoku that is "Riku", so the only translation available that would explain the name "Rikku" is a girl who is would be considered a beautiful tom-boy... the tom boy who grew up to be the hottie but still maintained the tom boy characteristics.... and I thought that was freaking cool. Cuz my little Hyundai was both Feminine and Masculine and was pretty & scrappy all at the same time.

With this in mind I am lost as to what to name my Honda. I want to it to have a somewhat Asian feel to it because it is a Japanese car, but I want it to be beautiful and strong as well...I guess who the inspiration for the name is could play a part in that. OH ALSO...I havent been able to pin point whether the Honda's energy feels Masculine or Feminine....so I dont if I should give it a male or female name.

Either way here are some names I am tossing around:

Female names:

Kairi (Ky-Ree)
Suki (Soo-Kee)
Mandolin
Mai (May)
Tai Li (Tie-Lee)
Minako
Setsuna
Kyoshi

Male names:

Aang
Sokka
Roku
Kohaku
Sozin
Ozai



I think the front runners are Kairi and Mai for female....and Aang and Roku for Male.

Any suggestions or input is welcome.




***********
***********UPDATE********UPDATE*************
10/24/08

wow, thanks for NOT giving me any suggestions guys, means alot. hahahahahaha
I decided that her energy is definitely fierce fiesty yet cool and collected female, so I went with Mei.

My car's name is Mei.

OH and her windows are now tinted. she is super sexy


That is all.

No comments: