December 2, 2008

FUCKING CLUELESS

Many people need financial aid and grants and student loans and stuff...
how do you get it?

I filled out a fafsa form like 3 years ago when i was making $10 an hour, and they told me I made too much money to get grants or financial aide. The only think I got was my $26 a unit paid for. EVERYTHING ELSE came out of pocket and it killed me. Money was a big part of why I didn't finish the semester, I couldn't afford it anymore, with rent, and bills and the commute from Cam to Newbury Park to work, then from there to Ventura for school...It was too much plus playing for supplies, BOOKS, and all the software I had to buy for two of the classes I was taking... I had no choice, I had to drop out. Broke my heart to do it, but I had no choice.


Well now I make more money than back then, so I know Im probably fucked there....

its like I have to unemployed to get help.
wtf?!?!?

Someone PLEASE give me guidance!!! Where do I go for Grants? Where do I apply for student loans? how many can I have? Are those things on the MySpace banners about that guy getting grant money real? cuz dont play Ill do it.


I need MONEY, I need to pay for school so I can get a degree and get a REAL job that pays REAL money so I dont spend the rest of my life doing what Im doing now... working hard, underpaid, and barely making ends meet.
I want to do more than just "survive"

Who has knowledge about this stuff???

PLEASE HELP ME HERE.


Thanks

Andru / Andy / Andy CandyPants / whatever you wanna call me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do have to tell you to try for Federal aid anyway. Up until you are I think 24, they count your parents income as yours as well. The whole you should be having them pay for it anyway thing. Plus most places won't look at you until you fill it out anyway. Just pick a day when there is very little money in your bank account. Also, get a book on grants and aid. Plus look at gay.com and other sites for help

Unknown said...

hey andy! college grants from the government are really hard to get because you don't pay them back. if you are willing to take out LOANS (which you do pay back) that's another story. they will make you fill out a fafsa, so go ahead and finish that. once that is done, contact the school's financial aid department and they should be able to give you a fatty list of lenders who are willing to give school loans.

basically the government hands over the loan to these organizations and you end up paying them. the company i use is called nelnet. try visiting their website or give them a call. let me know if you need any help. i'm all for people going back to school!