November 12, 2010

Investment Ideas

Okay so you know how some people buy properties as investments? Well I was thinking that I might buy an investment vehicle. I was thinking if I can pick up something for under $2000, something reliable, like a Honda Civic, or a Toyota Celica or something along those lines... I can use the little used car to drive to and from work, running errands, even weekend trips to visit friends and family... That was I can keep the mileage off of my nice car. Even though my "nice" car is a 6 year old Honda Accord...I still have 2 years worth of payments left on it, and it's starting to look a little tired and worn out, it would be nice to throw a car cover on it and keep it looking nice so it will actually be worth something when its paid off and I want to new car. WHICH by the way Im thinking might be a Scion xB. The new ones are cute. I want a stick shift again. Im hoping that if I can afford to pick up a little used Honda or something, that Ill be able to find a stick shift.

Anyway, thats an idea I have been tossing around. I dont know if it is going to happen BUT I do know this: I am going to have my own apartment by the first of the year!! I've already told my roommate, she is fine with it, so I just have to wait until my financial aid check arrives! That would be almost 3 grand so there is my moving money PLUS when my roommate finds a new roommate...I will get my almost 2 grand deposit back!! So maybe then I will get my lil beater car. Either that or some furniture for my new place!!!!! hey maybe if Im smart and frugal...BOTH!!! Im so excited I could pee!! I also want to take a weekend trip up to San Francisco to visit friends and have a little fun! My friend Scott is recently single after 7 or 8 years so I KNOW he needs a weekend away so he and I are planning on going, I just have to wait until I get my financial aid. We will see what happens. :-)

On top of all of this goodness, I have ideas again!!! my brain is once again full of creativity and ideas and stories for my books!!!! OMG I can't wait to get it all done!!!!!

1 comment:

Jill Fletcher said...

buying a second car, was that a joke, were you being sarcastic?