February 2, 2009

Realizations...

Sadly, I tend to realize things too late BUT, better late than never. I have recently realized alot of things, and have some affirmations...and here they are:


*I hold onto things far too long.
*I don't think I have ever loved any material possession MORE...than my iPod Touch.
*I am a football fan.
*I don't need approval from my friends or family.
*Its not always as bad as it seems, sometimes its worse.
*There are people in your life that become toxic, and you have to be strong enough to let them go.
*There is nothing wrong with my furniture.
*If people can't handle your flaws, opinions, and unique identifying marks...fuck em.
*When you wake up a friend, because you need to talk, and they say "don't worry about it, I'm here for you day or night" that is an amazing friend and you should be grateful.
*Not everything is as good as you want it to be, or how you make it seems to others.
*He or She will break your heart, whether its a big break, and tiny little crack, one way or another, he/she will break your heart, the difference is, the good ones break it unintentionally, and will go above and beyond to make it up to you.
*Relax, if it's meant to happen, it will, just keep moving forward...if its not meant to happen, don't fight it.
*Just because 'that's how it is' doesn't make it acceptable.
*You get what you settle for
*Karma is VERY real.
*Know when to stop talking (admittedly, I'm still struggling with this one haha)
*When you're drunk, everyone already knows, don't announce it.
*If you text someone, and they don't respond within a reasonable amount of time, don't keep texting them. Its irritating.
*If you don't like something, that your friend likes, don't say hurtful or rude things about it in front of your friend...just say "I don't care for it" or "its not for me"
*Laughing or giggling while saying something hurtful, doesn't make it hurt any less.
*Mac & Cheese, is probably 90% man made chemicals...but I still Love it.
*Dignity has nothing to do with appearance, or class, or money...it has everything to do with how you carry yourself, how you are with others, and how you pick yourself up if and when you fall.



Growth is an interesting and powerful thing. As scary as it can be, remember, there are people who grow everyday and it's no big deal. So just do it. If you have no ambition to move beyond your current existence, then that's great for you, but don;t get mad when the people around you, who want more than what they have, leave you behind. Don't take it personally, cuz news flash...it's not about you. Wish them well, and send them good vibes.

No comments: